PARKING REGISTRATION INFO
If you have other questions or concerns not answered below please contact the Dean of Students, John Muehlberger.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR A PARKING PERMIT?
All St. James Academy sophomores, juniors, and seniors who possess a valid Kansas Driver License are eligible for a parking permit. Any St. James Academy student who drives to school MUST REGISTER their car.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS TO REGISTER A CAR?
A student who is eligible must first register online with St. James Academy for a parking spot. Once registered, the student/family will receive an invoice through FACTS for the amount of $75. This fee must be paid in order to obtain the parking permit. Parking permits will be mailed to each student driver before the first day of school.
CAN I CHOOSE MY PARKING SPOT?
Seniors are given the opportunity to select their parking spot, all other grade levels are assigned. Each permit will contain the assigned parking spot number.
CAN I TRADE PARKING SPOTS?
No. Students need to park in the spot assigned to them..
WHERE DO I PUT MY PARKING PERMIT?
Parking stickers must be visibly displayed on the inside lower passenger side windshield.
WHAT IF THERE ARE TWO STUDENT DRIVERS IN ONE FAMILY?
Multiple drivers are allowed on our campus but each driver must be registered individually and pay the fee.
WHAT IF A STUDENT DOES NOT HAVE A DRIVER LICENSE YET?
A student may purchase their spot in advance if they are going to begin driving sometime throughout the school year. This applies to sophomores, juniors and seniors.
ARE FRESHMAN ALLOWED TO DRIVE TO SCHOOL?
Freshman are not allowed to drive due to limited parking. However, special circumstances may be taken into consideration and will need to be approved by Dean of Students, John Muehlberger.
WHAT IF A STUDENT DRIVES A DIFFERENT CAR TO SCHOOL?
Anytime a student drives a different car to school from the car that is registered, the student must let the front office know and receive a temporary pass and receive a parking permit.
WHAT IF A STUDENT HAS AN INJURY AND NEEDS TO PARK CLOSER FOR A PERIOD OF TIME?
The student should email the Dean of Student stating the injury and period of time needed to temporarily move.
WHAT IF SOMEONE IS PARKED IN MY SPOT?
If someone is parked in your spot please park in visitor parking and notify the Dean of Students or the School Resource Officer.
TERMS OF STUDENT PARKING PERMIT AGREEMENT
- The parking permit fee is $75.00 per student per year. You will be invoiced through FACTS for this fee.
- Each registered car will be issued a parking permit window decal that must be placed visibly on the inside of the back driver’s side window.
- Parking permits are NOT transferable to other students.
- Students assume full responsibility for their vehicles, contents and operation while on school property. SJA is not responsible for injuries, damage, thefts or accidents involving student vehicles on our property.
- The speed limit on campus is 15 mph and must be adhered to by all drivers.
- State and local driving and parking laws will be enforced on campus.
- Violators are subject to traffic citations, fines and school discipline to include loss of parking privileges.
- Student vehicles will be parked in their designated student spot/lots.
- State issued handicap license plates or permits must be displayed on vehicles parked in handicap spaces.
- Loitering in the parking lots is prohibited. Students are expected to enter the school directly upon arrival and depart upon dismissal.
- Student vehicles must be legally registered and insured.
- Controlled substances are prohibited in school as well as in vehicles on campus.
- Parking fines will be issued for violations. Parking permits may be revoked if fines are not paid to the school within 10 days of issuance.
- ALL STUDENTS’ VEHICLES ON SCHOOL PROPERTY ARE SUBJECT TO SEARCH.