Grandparents Day on Thursday, December 12, 2019
We look forward to this opportunity for our extended St. James family to come onto our campus and experience this community together. We will have reserved parking for grandparents, a light breakfast, and reserved chapel seats for our guests and their students. Please RSVP by December 2, 2019, online or by phone to Jenn Godar at 913-254-4231.
Schedule of Events:
- 9:00 a.m. Grandparents arrive at St. James Academy
- – Please join us for a light breakfast in the gym
- 9:15 a.m. Partners in Faith Program
- Speakers: President Andy Tylicki, Principal Dr. Shane Rapp, School Captains Max Kalny & Lauren Kropf
- 9:40 a.m. Students meet their Grandparents -photos and tour of the school
- 10:20 a.m. Grandparents and their students to the chapel
- 10:35 a.m. Procession and Mass with Archbishop Joseph Naumann to celebrate the Feast Day of Our Lady of Guadalupe
*Parents: Please note this is a different time and date than prior years.
Please know that this is a normal B-ASM schedule for our students and we will have classes that day. Students whose grandparents come early for the reception and tour will need to talk to their 5th-hour teachers to make sure they are aware of any missed work from that period. Also, remember that only legal guardians can call students out of school, so if for any reason you are wanting your student to leave with their grandparent after Mass, a parent or legal guardian would need to call the attendance line and students would be responsible for any missed classwork. Calls after 9:00 that morning will not allow enough time for our attendance office to get the student excused, so please call the week before.