Sept. 16-18, 2019
Apr. 2-3, 2020
Feb. 6-7, 2020
Nov. 14-15, 2019
St. James Academy exists to pass on the Catholic faith to the next generation. As part of our curriculum, students are taken on an overnight retreat once a year with their class. This is a wonderful opportunity for students to learn more about our faith, practice prayer, and grow in community.
Students on retreat will be dismissed upon arrival back to St. James. This will be around 2:30pm. Students not on retreat will remain in school until 3:20pm.
NOVENA BEFOE RETREATS
Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy. Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work may all be holy. Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I may love all that is holy. Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy. Guard me, then, O Holy Spirit, that I may always be holy. Amen.
RETREAT PACKING LIST
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- Pillow, blanket & sheets or sleeping bag
- Warm clothing (enough for 3 days!)
- Extra clothes and shoes (in case yours get dirty)
- Lunch for Thursday
- Water bottle
- Journal and pen in a cinch bag
- Shower shoes
- Signed medication consent retreat form (all medicine MUST be in its original container and plastic bag marked with studnent’s name)
- Open heart
PLEASE DO NOT BRING:
- Ball caps or hats
- Food in cabins
- Electronics (cell phone, laptop, iPods, etc.)