GOALS OF THE COMMUNITY SYSTEM
- Help each St. James Academy student know and love Jesus and the people in our community more deeply.
- Ensure individual care by providing each student with at least two adults who will monitor and support the academic, social, and spiritual growth of each student.
- Enhance the ministry provided to all of our students by embracing our Catholic values and traditions.
- Strengthen the bonds of the St. James Academy Family Spirit among the 9th-12th grade divisions.
- Create opportunities for students to be trained and to serve as leaders.
- Develop each student’s interpersonal relationship skills.
- Enhance the community strength outside of St. James Academy.
Each Community will elect two Community Captains (Senior Leaders) to serve and support the Community as a whole with their Dean (faculty member chosen by the administration.)
Each House will elect one House Captain (Senior Leader) and three underclassmen (Junior, Sophomore and Freshman Leaders) to lead and serve their House with their Mentor Teacher.
The School will elect two School Captains (Senior Leaders) who will be responsible for the atmosphere of care and concern for the entire school as fostered by the House system with the Director of the Community/House System.