Let “us” become “they.” Let us devote ourselves to the apostles’ teaching, to the Word of Christ in Scripture and the Tradition of His apostolic Church. Let us devote ourselves to fellowship, to relationship with one another as complex and unique individuals, members of Christ’s family. Let us devote ourselves to the breaking of the bread, becoming a Eucharistic people united to the saints and angels in the mystery of the Mass. Let us devote ourselves to prayer, to daily communion with Christ through His Mother, and let this relationship change our hearts and lives.
Goals of the Community System
- Help each St. James Academy student know and love Jesus and the people in our community more deeply.
- Ensure individual care by providing each student with at least two adults who will monitor and support the academic, social, and spiritual growth.
- Enhance the ministry provided to all of our students by embracing our Catholic values and traditions.
- Strengthen the bonds of the St. James Academy Family Spirit among the 9th-12th grade divisions.
- Create opportunities for students to be trained and to serve as leaders.
- Develop each student’s interpersonal relationship skills.
- Enhance the community strength outside of St. James Academy.
Community System Overview
Community System Leadership
- Each Community will elect two seniors as Community Captains to serve and support the Community as a whole with their Dean (faculty member chosen by the administration.)
- Each House will elect one House Captain (Senior Leader) and three underclassmen (Junior, Sophomore, and Freshman Leaders) to lead and serve their House with their Mentor Teacher.
- The School will elect two School Captains (Senior Leaders) who will be responsible for the atmosphere of care and concern for the entire school as fostered by the House system with the Director of the Community/House System.
“At the heart of Catholic Education is the Community, Not just to be learned but to be lived.”