Certain advanced courses in the high school curriculum are designated Advanced Placement. The Advanced Placement examinations are given each May on a standardized national test day, and are scored by the Education Testing Service. Each examination receives an overall grade on a five point scale. Each college decides which AP examination grades it will accept. Some colleges accept scores of 3 or better and give the student credit as if that person had taken one or more basic courses in the subject tested. At some colleges credit is not given, but the necessity of taking basic courses is waived.
Look up individual colleges’ AP policies
Students should also check with individual colleges to determine what AP credit options are best for them. College bound students should consider taking one or more AP courses. Research shows students completing one or more AP courses, regardless of their grades, do better in college than those never taking AP courses.
AP Testing Schedule:
- 5/1/17 AP Chemistry test – 8am
- 5/2/17 AP Spanish Language and Culture test – 8am
- 5/2/17 AP Physics 1 test – 12pm
- 5/3/17 AP Literature and Composition test – 8am
- 5/4/17 AP United States Government test – 8am
- 5/5/17 AP United States History test – 8am
- 5/5/17 AP Computer Science Principles – 12pm
- 5/8/17 AP Biology test – 8am
- 5/10/17 AP Language and Composition test – 8am
- 5/12/17 AP Latin test – 12pm
- 5/18/17 AP Calculus AB test & AP Calculus BC test – 8am
JCCC COLLEGE NOW – DUAL ENROLLMENT
The College Now program is a partnership program that provides high school students with an opportunity to earn college credits while completing their high school requirements in a through concurrent enrollment.
Click here for more information on enrolling in JCCC College Now.
Click here for a list of Colleges and Universities accepting JCCC College Now credit.
Click here to request your JCCC transcript.
2016-17 JCCC College Now classes at St. James Academy:
AP Literature & Composition
Pre-AP Honors Pre-Calculus
H Spanish 4 – AP Spanish Language & Culture
H Spanish 5 – AP Spanish Language & Culture
AP American Government (offered 2nd semester only)
2016-17 JCCC College Now Deadlines:
- Full year courses:
- 9/16/16 – COMPASS Placement Test Deadline
- 9/16/16 – Enrollment and Payment Deadline
- 10/03/16 – Last day to withdraw from JCCC with 100% refund from JCCC
- 10/10/16 – Last day to withdraw from JCCC without “W” on JCCC transcript
- 03/01/17 – Last day to request pass/fail grade from JCCC or withdraw with a “W” on JCCC transcript
- 2nd semester courses (AP American Government)
- 2/10/17 – Enrollment and Payment Deadline
- 2/13/17 – Last day to withdraw from JCCC with 100% refund from JCCC
- 2/13/17 – Last day to withdraw from JCCC without “W” on JCCC transcript
- 4/17/17 – Last day to request pass/fail grade from JCCC or withdraw with a “W” on JCCC transcript