College Applications and Naviance
- Test or test again – If you’d still like to raise your ACT score you still have time! Sign up at www.actstudent.org to take the September and/or October ACT before most priority deadlines.
- College Visits – continue visiting college campuses! If you have not started now is the time to get the visits on your calendar. The majority of colleges have a November 1st application deadline to be considered for merit scholarship!
- List all colleges that you are ‘interested in’ in Naviance under “colleges I’m thinking about.” You will be notified of any events, visits, scholarships etc for each college you list.
- Are you ready to apply to colleges? Before you start your applications: Make sure the colleges have started accepting applications for the 2018–2019 school year.
- Determine if you are applying with the school’s individual application or are you using Common Application. (Hint: Only use Common App if you have three or more schools that will accept the Common Application. It is time-consuming! Visit www.commonapp.org for a complete list of Common App schools.)
- If you have already applied and/or need a transcript sent to move your prospective application over to active applications in Naviance! *all active applications will have transcripts sent* Please only request the transcript once. You must log back in to see when it was sent.
- If you need a letter of recommendation for your application, a scholarship or a program please ask a maximum of 2 people to write you one. You must provide them with a copy of your resume and ask them in person as well as on Naviance. You will be able to see when they have completed their rec by logging in.
- If you are thinking about pursuing athletics in college, make sure you have completed the following: Create a student account with NCAA Clearinghouse and talk with your counselor to evaluate eligibility guidelines.